You are a Marine Systems Engineer specialised in concept/ basic engineering and design of mechanical/ marine systems who is ready for a new challenge within Shipbuilding industry? The order book of our client - a big Shipbuilder - is growing, and for this reason there is a vacancy for several Marine Systems Engineers with different focal points who are keen to work in an ambitious and innovative company that strives for excellence. Scroll down and apply!
You’ll be working in the technical equipment department and you will be responsible for the design, planning and support of the associated ship systems in the following areas: propulsion technology, supply engineering, disposal technology. You will interact with clients, supervisors, subcontractors and assure timely delivery of projects according to agreement.
Furthermore, the Marine Systems Engineer has the following tasks:
- Concept/ basic engineering and design of mechanical/ marine systems;
- Specification of required system components;
- Technical support during production & system testing before delivery;
- Securing timely settlement of assignments under consideration of quality and budget aspects;
- Supervising, checking & reviewing contractor’s compliance with project specifications;
- Interface coordination between all parties;
- Monitoring compliance with regulation requirements.
As Marine Systems Engineer you meet the following requirements:
- BSc. /MSc. in Mechanical Engineering/ Marine Engineering or equivalent;
- Profound experience as Marine Systems Engineer within Ship- or Yacht building industry;
- Proven experience in concept/ basic engineering and design of mechanical/ marine systems;
- Ability to interface with all parts of the business - clients, subcontractors & suppliers;
- Excellent command of the German and English language, spoken and written.
Depending on professional and personal situation, we offer a suitable benefits package, we would like to explain this in a personal conversation.
Our client is based in Germany and has a long history of building innovative luxury vessels. They have achieved a superb reputation in recent decades for constructing special-purpose ships. The company's workload is stable, promising, and guaranteed to beyond 2020. Please contact us for further information.