The Naval Architect who we are looking for is technically savvy, experienced in 80+ meter yachts, multidisciplinary orientated and he/she is able to consult others on technical content. Our client gives the prospect of working on interesting and challenging projects in an international and innovative environment.
The Naval Architect is responsible for the generation of the technical design and its management throughout the engineering and construction of the yachts by making sure that it meets the applicable law, rules and regulations as well as the clients’ wishes and Shipyard’s standards.
Furthermore, the Naval Architect has the following tasks:
- Drafts, coordinates and corrects the general arrangement plan;
- Creates, coordinates and technically evaluates the NA design supplied by third parties;
- Ensures the completeness, the specifications and the feasibility of the design in close cooperation with other relevant disciplines;
- As Naval Architect, you perform and review all NA calculations (stability, weight, resistance & propulsion, gross tonnage, etc.);
- Performs tank tests, noise and vibration analyses, FEA and delivers approved stability booklet, takes part in trials;
- Consults other colleagues or third parties on technical content throughout the project;
- Holds responsibility for internal and external communication for the review & implementation of the design and ensures the information flow;
- As Naval Architect, you stay in line with developments in statutory regulations as well as with the latest developments in NA and yacht design, propulsion, materials, and outfitting;
- Plans the scope of work and milestones in relation to technical requirements;
- Drafts commercial documentation for quotations and open offers.
The Naval Architect meets the following requirements:
- 10+ yrs’ experience as a Naval Architect within the Yacht Building sector for newbuilt 80+ meter Yachts;
- BSc degree or higher in NA from a research university;
- Experienced in performing all relevant calculations & tasks;
- Knowledge of law, rules and regulations applicable in the Yacht building;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (fluency in Dutch would be a plus);
- Strong communication skills, charismatic, customer- and solution oriented, persuasive and tenacious.
Depending on professional and personal situation, we offer the Naval Architect a competitive benefits package with long term perspective. We would like to explain more it in a personal conversation.
Our client is one of world’s leading and most renowned luxurious yacht builders. For more information click here!
Onze relatie is een van ‘s wereld leidende en meest gerenommeerde luxe mega jachtbouwers. Voor meer informatie klik hier!