Do you have experience as a Structural Engineer within the Shipbuilding or Offshore industry? Do you possess excellent skills in Ansys and are you able to perform complex structural analysis to obtain the optimal structural solution? Then you are the person we are looking for!
As Structural Engineer you’ll be working in the Structural Analysis team with a focus on the integration of heavy mission equipment such as cranes, drilling towers, pipe laying carrousels etc., into the vessel’s main structure. Or the development of the hull structure itself. Based on the structural setup of the designers, you as structural engineer, are going to verify and analyse the critical structural moments and give advice on structural issues and their solutions.
Furthermore as structural engineer you’ll have the following tasks:
- Check and analyse the structure based on different classification rules (DNV, ABS etc.)
- As Structural Engineer you Analyse the structure on buckling, yield and fatigue.
- Advise on structural issues for an optimal structural solution.
As Structural Engineer you meet the following criteria.
- A degree in Naval Architecture
- + 3 years exp. in the design and construction of ships and maritime projects.
- Fully versant with Ansys.
- Familiar with maritime classification society rules
- Willing to relocate to Holland
- Good command of the English language
As Structural Naval Designer you will get a competitive and social package with full relocation support.
- Competitive salary depending on seniority
- Application for expat tax benefits, so called 30% ruling, if applicable.
- 8% holiday allowance (+/- 1 month salary)
- 34 paid vacation days, short leave and paid national holidays (5-7 days)
- Relocation support for you and your family
- Dutch labour contract
Founded over a 100 years ago and as part of an international maritime shipbuilding & design group the outlook for the future is bright. Their commited team of naval architects and marine engineers develop vessels for the dredging, offshore exploration, construction and production industry. They are based in the Rotterdam area in the Netherlands.